TripAdvisor uncovers Australia’s top wine tours and trends TripAdvisor®, the travel planning and booking site, today unveiled Australia’s Top 10 wine tours, based on booking data from the past four seasons.
The data, which dates back to 2015, has underlined some key trends in Australia’s contemporary wine-scene, including: Victoria is the country’s most popular state for a wine tour, with three entries in the Top 10 But South Australia is home to Australia’s #1 most booked wine tour overall Queensland has emerged onto the wine-tour map for the first time, with the Mount Tamborine Wine and Winery Tour now amongst the top 10 booked tours in the country New South Wales,
Western Australia and Tasmania are also represented With over 140,000 bookable tours and activities around the world on TripAdvisor Experiences, it’s a one-stop destination for planning all of your travel activities. From traditional sightseeing to food and wine tours, day trips, and local experiences, travellers can find it all on TripAdvisor Experiences. Top 10 Australian bookable winery tours for 2018
1. Small-Group Barossa Valley Food and Wine Tour, South Australia Spend a day in the Barossa Valley on this wine and food tour from Adelaide. Home to some of South Australia’s most renowned wineries, the region also produces countryside culinary delights like cider, baked goods and jam. Tour-goers will visit both big and small wineries, including TeAro Estate, for tastings of varietals like shiraz, plus check out local businesses like Maggie’s Farm Shop and enjoy a two-course lunch with wine at Lambert Estate. This tour is limited to 20 people with a guide, who shares information about winemaking in the region. From AUD copy49.
2. Mount Tamborine Wine and Winery Tour from Brisbane or the Gold Coast, Queensland Discover the boutique wineries of Mount Tamborine on a full-day tour from Brisbane or the Gold Coast. The wine-savvy guide takes you to some of Queensland’s best local wineries for tastings of award-winning wines and a gourmet two-course winery lunch. If the schedule allows, guests can stop to sample locally made liqueurs, spirits, cheese and fudge. Numbers are limited to 12 people on this small-group tour, which allows for a more intimate experience. From AUD copy55.
3. Swan Valley River Cruise and Wine Tasting Day Trip from Perth, Western Australia Explore the Swan Valley on two modes of transportation — river cruise and coach tour — during this full-day excursion from Perth. With all transportation provided, there’s no need to worry about a driver as attendees taste their way through the valley’s best vineyards, while sitting back and enjoying the scenery on a peaceful river cruise featuring morning tea. Guests are then transferred to a coach for wine, beer, and chocolate-tasting stops. From AUD copy50.
4. Moorilla Estate Winery Tour Including Wine Tasting, Lunch and Mona Admission, Tasmania Spend the day at Moorilla Estate for a unique Tasmanian winery experience that includes world-class art. Guests start with a ferry ride and admission to MONA (the Museum of Old and New Art), known as much for its underground labyrinth-like architecture as for its art collection. Then enjoy a seasonal lunch, followed by a tasting and behind-the-scenes tour at Moorilla Estate, which has continued to make ‘best of’ lists since it opened in 2011. From AUD copy65.
5. Gourmet Vineyard Lunch and Yarra Valley Winery Tour from Melbourne, Victoria Discover the delicious wines and food of the Yarra Valley on a full-day tasting tour from Melbourne. Enjoy a guided tour of Domaine Chandon followed by a glass of wine and appetisers. Continue to De Bortoli Wines for further tastings, then enjoy a two-course lunch while taking in the Yarra Valley’s incredible views. Guests can also check out the grounds, shops and art exhibits at the wineries during their tour. From AUD copy28.
6. Small-Group Hunter Valley Wine and Cheese Tasting Tour from Sydney, New South Wales An ideal tour for wine lovers and foodies, this tour allows guests to spend the day visiting boutique wineries, local cheese makers and learning about the Hunter Valley’s thriving food scene, while sampling up to 20 wine varieties. From AUD copy45.
7. Barossa Valley Wineries Tour with Tastings from Adelaide, South Australia The Barossa Valley is one of the most popular wine-tasting destinations from Adelaide, and this tour covers lots of ground there, visiting four wineries in one day. Discover the secrets of Barossa Valley wine during guided tastings, savour a delicious winery lunch and visit attractions such as the Whispering Wall and Mengler Hill Lookout. From AUD copy39.
8. Yarra Valley Wineries and Puffing Billy Steam Train Tour from Melbourne, Victoria Embark on a full-day adventure through the forests, mountains, and vineyards of Victoria. Enjoy tea and birdwatching in the Dandenong Ranges, and cruise through a verdant landscape aboard the historic Puffing Billy steam train. Discover the vineyards of the Yarra Valley as you sample premium regional wines at wineries cellar-door tastings. Plus, upgrade to include a gourmet lunch with wine pairings. From AUD copy75.
9. Hunter Valley Gatherer’s Full-Day Food and Wine Tour, New South Wales Day-long winery excursions are more fun without having to worry about driving. Visit at least four wineries for tastings and a vineyard tour, plus stop at a craft brewery for good measure. Also, sit down to a vineyard picnic lunch and pair wines with local cheese, chocolate, olives, berries, and more. This tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off. From AUD copy75.
10. Experience Yarra Valley: Beer, Cider, Wine and Food from Melbourne, Victoria Indulge in the culinary delights of the Yarra Valley on this full-day food and wine tour.
Learn about regional wines at two boutique wineries, and visit a local brewery to taste tap beer and cider kegs. Plus, satisfy your sweet tooth with samples of handmade chocolates and ice cream at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-Creamery. Passengers cruise through the beautiful valley aboard a mini-coach equipped with storage space for cooler boxes for any food and wine purchases along the way. From AUD copy35.